Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Weekend Looks: Fyrinnae

I like to think of the weekend as "tryout" time. I know a lot of people who are much more talented with makeup than me use the weekend or evenings to practice techniques or be creative with color combinations. With me, I use the weekend to wear colors that I'm not quite sure I can pull off for work. It's always nice when a look comes out neutral enough, but then I think that I could have worn something bolder on my two free days a week.

Here are the looks I did over the weekend.

Look 1: Fyrinnae Fire Opal





Fire Opal on the lid, Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear blended into the crease, and Anastasia Beverly Hills Fudge padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 2: Fyrinnae Mystical Hedgehog





Mystical Hedgehog on the lid and Viseart Dark Matte (purple and blue) blended into the crease. 

Fyrinnae Fire Opal
Status: Keep

I bought this shadow because the Fyrinnae website said something like the shadow really needed to be seen in person to appreciate its beauty. And I agree with that. However, I have a lot of orangey/copper shadows that don't look too different from this shadow. I suppose the difference is that this shadow has more brass to it and less orange, but I have similar shadows. It's different enough that I am happy to keep it and use it, but this was the one Fyrinnae shadow that wasn't totally unique to my collection. 

Fyrinnae Mystical Hedgehog
Status: Keep

This is one of Fyrinnae's Arcane Magic shadows. And what that means is that the shadow looks different depending on how close or far it is to light. At least that's my understanding. So, it is not a duochrome and won't look different if I tilt my head side to side, but someone far away may think it looks like one color while someone closer may think it looks like another. When I took a picture of the product, for example, I think it looks quite blue. But when I look a picture of my eye (the flash was much closer), it looks purple. 

I thought this was a really pretty color, and I enjoyed wearing it. It was quite a bit darker and vampier than I thought it would be, so it's not a shadow I can see myself reaching for to go to work, but I really like it for an evening look. It also paired perfectly with my Viseart Dark Matte palette, and I was really excited to use the blue shade and have it pair so nicely and look complementary. 

1 comment: