Saturday, March 25, 2017

This Week's Looks: Viseart, Kat Von D, Milani, and Tom Ford


Palettes (sort of) came back this week. It's funny because I really thought I had a palette week, but looking at this picture, I see three quads and a "palette" that is made up of three Viseart palettes. So while I didn't use singles per se, I still think I'm in that mentality. 

Here are five looks I did this week. 

Look 1: Viseart custom palette 





Column 4 Row 2 on the lid, Column 3 Row 2 blended into the crease, and Column 2 Row 3 padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 2: Viseart and Kat Von D Shade and Light Plum quad







Column 6 Row 4 on the lid, KVD Base and Contour blended into the crease, and KVD Definer padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 3: Tom Ford Honeymoon





Kiko Stick Eyeshadow in 07 as a base, 3 on the lid, 2 blended into the crease, and 4 padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 4: Milani Earthly Elements





4 on inner half of lid, 6 on outer half of lid, and 2 and 3 blended into the crease. 

Look 5: Tom Ford Nude Dip and Kat Von D Shade and Light Plum quad






TF 3 on the lid, KVD Base and Contour blended into the crease, and KVD Definer padded onto the outer corner 

Viseart custom palette
Status: Love

I've talked about this palette before in my one week, one palette series, but this palette is definitely a love of mine. It is the Neutral Matte, Paris Nudes, and Sultry Muse palettes depotted into an Inglot flexi palette. I wasn't a huge fan of the look of Z-palettes at the time (and now Z-palette is a brand that I do not support), and I found I really liked the Inglot flexi palette. I depotted my Viseart shadows because the packaging on two of the three palettes had broken at the hinges, and I thought all three palettes might get more use if they were combined. I have three other Viseart palettes, and all are colorful, but I have chosen not to depot them as well. The experience of depotting those three palettes was terrible and not something I would ever want to do again. With that said, I'm glad I depotted them.

If I didn't have so much eyeshadow, I think this palette could be close to all I would ever want. I really, really love pink and mauve eyeshadows, and this palette lacks those, especially mattes, so I would want additional shadows, but in a lot of ways, this is all I could ever hope to have. I love leaving this out and reaching for it, especially for work. It makes me feel like an artist playing with my paints. But while I always really enjoy the looks I get out of this palette, they are never my favorite looks because the colors are just so simple. And there is absolutely a time and place where I want and love simple and pretty eyeshadow looks. But that's not all the time. 

Tom Ford Honeymoon
Status: Favorite

I know I just talked about this last week, but I really wanted to wear it again this week, and I absolutely loved the look that I did. One of the things that I've struggled with when using this quad is what color to put in the crease. I then remembered that when I did my one week, one palette series, I sometimes used a shimmer in the crease and didn't dislike the look at all. So I applied one of the other colors into my crease and loved the effect. I also paired this with my Kiko Stick Eyeshadow in 07, which is a shimmery champagne color. I tend to forget about this shadow stick and always love the look when I use it. This was one of my two favorite looks this week, and when paired with an "out there" lip color for me (Bite Thistle), it actually came off as quite smoky and vampy, which I loved. 

Milani Earthly Elements
Status: Favorite 

I know I've written about this palette before and that I wore it somewhat recently, but I just had to wear it again. I absolutely LOVE four colors in this palette. I hate that I don't love the entire thing, but the shades that I do love I really, really love. This was actually my other favorite look this week, which I find hilarious. One of my favorite looks came from an $80 quad and the other came from a $10 palette. This just goes to show that you don't need to spend excessive amounts of money to get beautiful, quality products. Earthly Elements is so good, actually, that I might consider it my favorite warm-toned eyeshadow palette. Now, of course there are negatives about this palette, such as that it has one shadow (1) that is a total dud; one shadow (5) that I don't really like; and two shadows (4 and 6) that look very similar when applied onto the skin. And frankly, that means only half the palette is unique/something that I like. But, I really, really like those three/four shades. 

Tom Ford Nude Dip
Status: Favorite

Again, I've written about this recently (I'm clearly seeing what products I really love if I'm coming back to them), but I so enjoy this quad. Like Honeymoon, I don't think this palette is a "must have" whatsoever. I think you can definitely find the same colors or similar for much cheaper. But I personally love this quad because of the formula and the amount of shine that it gives. I put that disclaimer out there because I do think these quads are overpriced and that unless you're looking for a very specific type of eyeshadow, this would be a waste of money. I don't personally feel as though my money was wasted in buying these quads, but I can absolutely see how other people would feel that way. I essentially wore a taupe eyeshadow from this quad and paired it with some plum colors, and I thought the look turned out quite pretty. 

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Plum Quad
Status: Love

I don't believe I have written about this quad before. It took me a while to buy this quad because I really didn't feel I "needed" any of the Shade and Light Eye quads. I was originally drawn to Rust, and part of me still wants it, but I know that I absolutely do not need that quad, end of story. I eventually purchased Plum when I first started discovering how much I love pink and mauve colors in the crease. And I'm so glad I did (and glad that I used it this week) because I really love this quad. At first I thought I could only pair it with purple shadows, but with more experience and experimentation, I've found that plum and mauve pair nicely with so many types of colors. I loved this quad with both looks this week, but I especially loved it with the taupe from Nude Dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment