Sunday, April 23, 2017

Weekend Looks: Notoriously Morbid and Shiro Cosmetics


This was an unintentional weekend of potential dupes. Something that I've found with some of these indie duochrome shadows is that it is kind of difficult to figure out what the color will be based on what it looks like in the pot. I wasn't anticipating either of these shadows to look like what they did, and I certainly didn't think the colors might be similar to each other. 

Here are the looks I did this weekend. 

Look 1: Notoriously Morbid Chaos Reigns





Chaos Reigns on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy), Viseart Dark Matte 5 blended into the crease, and Viseart Dark Matte 9 padded onto the outer corner.

Look 2: Shiro Cosmetics I Understood That Reference





I Understood That Reference on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy) and Viseart Dark Matte 1 blended into the crease. 

Notoriously Morbid Chaos Reigns
Status: Keep, for now

This shadow reminds me a lot of Fyrinnae Mephisto, but potentially bluer? Something interesting about it was that it applied different to each eye and therefore looked different.

Right eye


Left eye

As you can see, the right eye applied more blue, and the left eye applied more purple. I kind of like this and kind of didn't. I liked that the shadow is diverse and love how it paired with Dark Matte, but I also think it's a little problematic if an eyeshadow inherently does't look the same when you apply it. Of these two, I like Mephisto better, and if it comes to decluttering, I will lose this one to keep Mephisto. But I haven't worn Mephisto in a while, so until I can, I'll keep Chaos Reigns. 

Shiro Cosmetics I Understood That Reference
Status: Keep, for now

I feel similarly to this shadow as I do to Chaos Reigns. This shadow is really similar to Chaos Reigns, but much more blue. It is really pretty, and I could have easily paired it with the blue or purple tones in Dark Matte, but I chose to pair it with one of the brown shades. I really like the way the look turned out, and I can certainly see myself wearing this color more, but I don't know how much use I would get out of three shadows like this. Had I known all three were so similar, I would not have purchased two of them, so that makes me wonder if I should keep all three as well. For now, I do really enjoy the shadow, and I'll be keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment