Sunday, April 9, 2017

Weekend Looks: Fyrinnae, Darling Girl, and Melt Cosmetics


Coming off of such a busy, challenging week at work, I have really tried to relax quite a bit this weekend. What's funny is that relaxing for me has included writing, working on the blog, cleaning/decluttering, and trying to enjoy the sun. 

Here are the looks I did this weekend. 

Look 1: Fyrinnae Wicked Faeries and Saharan Princess






Wicked Faeries on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy), Saharan Princess blended into the crease, and Lime Crime Venus padded onto the outer corner.

Look 2: Darling Girl Cosmetics Princess Consuela Bannahammock and Melt Rust Stack






Princess Consuela Bannahammock on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy), Melt Antique and Rubbish blended into the crease, Melt Rust padded onto the outer corner, and Melt Classic on the brow bone.

Fyrinnae Wicked Faeries
Status: Favorite 

I cannot tell you how much I love this eyeshadow. This is what I have wanted every single shimmy berry shadow to be, including the shadows in the Viseart Bijoux Royale palette. I love, love this shadow. This is one of Fyrinnae's Arcane Magic shadows, which means the color is supposed to change depending on how close or far it is to light. I didn't really notice a change in this one though. The Fyrinnae website says this is supposed to be a blend of purple and copper, but I never felt it looked like copper. I think this is a gorgeous raspberry shade, and I am happy with it as it.   

Fyrinnae Saharan Princess
Status: Really enjoy

I've talked about this shadow before, so I won't speak too much here. This came as a free sample in one of my Fyrinnae orders, and I am thrilled it did. I haven't been as thrilled to look into indie mattes only because I have so many matte shadows that I don't now how additive more would be to my collection. But I don't have anything quite like this shadow, which I think paired perfectly with Wicked Faeries. 

UPDATE: This color is actually a blush, not an eyeshadow, and it is not intended for eye use. My mistake! 

Darling Girl Cosmetics Princess Consuela Bannahammock
Status: Decluttered

This wasn't a totally easy declutter for me, and a few months ago, I probably would have found a reason to keep this shadow because I actually really love how this look turned out. But this was not the easiest shadow to work with. I found that I had to apply several layers, and the shadow applied best when applied with a lot of product that produced quite a bit of fallout. 

This shadow is part of the Friends collection, and the reason I purchased it is because the shadow description is multicolor shimmer over a yellow base. The photos on the website looked stunning, and it was certainly unlike anything I had in my collection. But that's not at all how it translated onto my lid. On me, it looks like a satin yellow. To be completely honest, I think the reason I like this look so much is because of the Melt Rust Stack. But the main reason I am decluttering is because the affect is too similar to Coloured Raine Super Star:


Left: Super Star, right: Princess Consuela Bannahammock

And I prefer Super Star. So while I don't think this is a bad shadow by any stretch, I know I'll reach for Super Star more, and I don't want to have duplicate shades in my collection. 


Melt Rust Stack
Status: Favorite 

I have really grown to love this set of shadows. I think this one is much better than the Love Sick Stack in terms of quality and performance, and I enjoy Love Stick. I honestly think this stack could eventually replace the Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye palette in my collection, and that is really saying something because I love that palette. I've been reaching for this stack a lot because of my indie project this month, but I also just haven't wanted to grab for anything else. This stack carries a hefty price tag when compared with other palettes, but for me, it is worth it. I really love warm brown and peach shades, so this is practically a perfectly curated companion palette of sorts for me. And I much prefer spending money and getting exactly what I want instead of paying less or paying the same for more shadows that I just will not use. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to mention that Saharan Princess is a blush (type of product should be listed above the name on the free sample label), and while the ingredients are lip-safe, isn't intended for eye-area use. We do have a similar color shadow, Tapir - which is satiny, not matte. We love your looks and use of color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! And thank you for letting me know. My mistake. Got so excited by the color that I just assumed it was an eyeshadow. Thanks again!

      Delete