Saturday, April 8, 2017

This Week's Looks: Hello Waffle, Shiro, and Femme Fatale


Ugh, this week. This was an unbelievably hard week at work. I stayed late every single night and was exhausted by the time I got home. It was also really rainy for the most part, which always makes living in New York even harder than it normally is. 

But, this was also the first week of indie month, which was really fun! I didn't really think I was in a pastel mood all week until looking at photos, but I guess I was willing the weather to act a little more like spring. 

Here are five looks from this week. 

Look 1: Hello Waffle 23





Look 2: Hello Waffle Catticus Finch





Catticus Finch on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy) and KVD Plum Quad Base and Contour blended into the crease. 

Look 3: Shiro Cosmetics Wizard Wheezes and Melt Love Sick






Wizard Wheezes on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy) and Melt Love Sick padded onto the outer corner and blended into the crease. 

Look 4: Femme Fatale Secret Shiny





Secret Shiny on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy) and KVD Plum Quad Base and Contour blended into the crease. 

Look 5: Femme Fatale Cloud Kingdom and Kat Von D Pastel Goth






Cloud Kingdom on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy), KVD Meow and Dope blended into the crease, and KVD Doom padded onto the outer corner.

Hello Waffle 23
Status: Really enjoy

This is a really lovely shadow. It reminds me of Colourpop pressed shadow in Come and Get it and a less intense version of Coloured Raine Short Cake. This is clearly a product of having a hard week as I have no idea what other shadows I used with this one. Overall, I think this look came out really pretty, but it's not something that I feel is so completely unique that it warrants buying if you have something similar. 

Hello Waffle Catticus Finch
Status: Favorite 

This was my favorite shadow of the bunch this week. It reminds me of Fyrinnae Serendipity, but a cooler, softer version. It was one of the subtler looks I did throughout the week, but every time I caught a glimpse of my shadow, I was struck by how pretty it was. I don't know if others could have seen that (especially since I wear glasses), but it was really lovely to me. 

Shiro Cosmetics Wizard Wheezes
Status: Really enjoy

This was a very pretty eyeshadow, but like 23, it was not terribly unique to my collection. It definitely had more sparkle and dimension than others in my collection, but I've been more "wowed" with other shadows. I pared it with Melt Love Sick, and I absolutely love how it looked. Love Sick is one of the best performing shadows from the Love Sick stack, and it was great to be able to use it in subtle way. 

Femme Fatale Secret Shiny
Status: Enjoy

I really thought I was going to like this shadow more than I did. And it's because I thought the duochrome would have been stronger. Secret Shiny looks purple in the pot and then shifts to a bright white gold on the eye, but I wish I could have seen more of the purple. To be fair, the purple is there, and I was able to capture it on camera:


(first half of lid is white gold, second half is purple)

So maybe I just wasn't able to see it under the lights and in a mirror? I would be interested in hearing other's thoughts if they have this shadow. 

Even just as the white gold, it's pretty. It reminds me a lot of KVD Thunderstruck or Too Faced Satin Sheets, which are two shadows that I enjoy. 

Femme Fatale Cloud Kingdom
Stauts: Favorite 

This was also a favorite shadow of mine, but the photos do it no justice. It has such a beautiful pink/blue shift. I thought it would pair nicely with the Pastel Goth palette. (I've mentioned in previous posts that I bought this palette during the Women's March on Washington when I saw a lot of people attack KVD for posting "#nomipresidente" on Instagram. I wrote an anti-haul post about this palette that I still stand by, but I bought it for bigger reasons than makeup.) Unfortunately, I think Pastel Goth really dominated this look, and Cloud Kingdom got totally lost. The next time I wear it, I might just blend it out with Makeup Geek Cupcake or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment