Sunday, May 7, 2017

Weekend Looks: Darling Girl Cosmetics


Every weekend I have in my mind that I want to do really colorful shadow looks that I wouldn't be able to do at work. And many weekends I end up instead creating a neutral look that is just kicked up a notch. And that's what happened this weekend. I used two Darling Girl Cosmetics shadows that I didn't use during indie month and was surprised how neutral-ish both looks came out. 

Here are the looks I did this weekend.

Look 1: Darling Girl Brocade





Brocade on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy), Lime Crime Venus blended into the crease, and Lime Crime Muse padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 2: Darling Girl Sirena 





Sirena (over Pixie Epoxy) and Viseart Dark Matte 5 and 6 blended into the crease. 

Darling Girl Brocade
Status: Decluttered 

This is a really pretty rose gold shade, but it translated onto the eye completely different than what I expected. I wanted this shade to look on my eye like the color in the pot. Instead, it was a pure rose gold color. Again, I think the color is actually quite pretty, and I really loved it paired with the red tones from the Lime Crime Venus palette, but it wasn't the shadow I wanted it to be. I have plenty of rose gold shadows, including my favorite from Ardency Inn, and I just don't need another. So, that is the only reason why this shadow is being decluttered from my collection. I don't like having a lot of duplicates in my collection, and when it comes to choosing, I will always pick the less high maintenance shadow. Since the Ardency Inn shadow is gorgeous, pressed, and doesn't require Pixie Epoxy, it's the winner for me. But, if you are looking into Darling Girl Cosmetics and are interested in a rose gold shadow, I absolutely recommend this one. 

Darling Girl Sirena 
Status: Love

I love this shadow. On the eye, it looks like cranberry with blue sparkles. Naturally, that doesn't translate well on camera, but it looks on the eye exactly as it does in the pot. And I really appreciate that because it is so pretty in the pot! I paired it with the burgundy shades from Viseart Dark Matte, and I think the entire look is really pretty. I think there definitely is a uniqueness to this look, but it is also very wearable.

1 comment:

  1. You always create such Beautiful looks!!! Love when you post these!!!

    ReplyDelete