Sunday, November 6, 2016

One Week, One Palette: Inglot


For the fifth week of my one week, one palette project, I went with a recent addition to my collection. Before starting this project, I had never touched any of these eyeshadows, and after this week, I think this may be my favorite palette in my collection. 

I first tried Inglot shadows four years ago right when I moved to New York. At the time, Inglot was hard to come by, and I knew there was a store in Times Square. Thankfully, my one and only friend in New York at the time also loved makeup and we went together. I purchased a quad of shadows that were not like anything else in my collection at the time because I was trying to add some variety. Even though I had been interested in makeup for several years at this point, I still knew absolutely nothing about undertones. So I bought a quad of colors that were were smoky and cool-toned and (unbeknownst to me) super unflattering on me. 

Not surprisingly these shadows never got worn (I literally only wore them once), and I eventually gave them away to a friend. I thought I was done with Inglot shadows, but I still kept hearing so many people rave about them. So, four years after my first Inglot experience, when I now know my undertone, colors that flatter me, and colors that I love to wear, I made another palette. 


Top, from left: 351 matte, 361 matte, 311 matte, 314 matte, and 355 matte
Bottom, from left: 39 shine, 09 shine, 607 pearl, 452 pearl, and 392 matte

I used every single color in the palette and also brought in my Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow on a few days. 


From left: 36, 07, and 05.


I also used Make Up For Ever Pearl on my inner corner every day. 

Below are eight looks I did last week:

Look 1:



39 shine on the lid, 311 matte and 392 matte blended into the crease, and 351 matte on the brow bone.

Look 2:



09 shine on the lid, 361 matte and 314 matte blended into the crease, 335 matte padded onto the outer corner and blended into the crease, 452 pearl padded onto the outer corner, and 351 matte on the brow bone. 

Look 3:



607 pearl on the lid, 311 matte and 314 matte blended into the crease, 452 pearl padded onto the outer corner, and 351 matte on the brow bone.

Look 4:



Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 07 as a base on the lid, 09 shine packed on top, 392 matte blended into the crease, 452 pearl padded onto the outer corner, and 351 matte on the brow bone. 

Look 5:



Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 07 as a base on the lid, 452 pearl packed on top, 361 matte and 392 matte blended into the crease, and 351 matte on the brow bone. 

Look 6:



Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 07 as a base on the lid, 39 shine packed on top, 311 matte blended into the crease, and 351 matte on the brow bone.

Look 7:



Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 05 on the lid, 361 matte and 392 matte blended into the crease, and 351 matte on the brow bone. 

Look 8:



Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 36 on the lid, 311 matte and 392 matte blended into the crease, and 351 matte on the brow bone. 

I typically do five or six looks with my palettes in this project. But I loved these shadows so much that I wanted to just keep going. And truth be told, I don't want to move onto the next palette in this rotation because I just want to keep using these shadows. 

I'll start by saying that these are not "creamy" or "buttery" eyeshadows. They are dry and stiff, but not in a bad way. They are not soft, but they are by no means hard. They are buildable, which I love. They build and build without ever getting muddy. I absolutely loved the mattes, and I may like them even more than those in the Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye palette. 

I specifically loved (as you can tell) a look with a light purple on the lid and pink in the crease. I tried this three different ways last week. One was just with 39 shine on the lid, one was 39 shine under a Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow, and one was just using a Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow on the lid. I called these my "sherbet eyes," and I loved them each day that I wore them. I don't typically like to wear one look over several days, but I just could not get enough of that one. I loved it. 

Those were my favorite looks of the week, but I also really loved look 2 and 3. I thoroughly enjoyed all looks last week, but those were the ones I was specifically drawn to. 

It makes sense that I love all the colors in this palette since I selected them myself. I have no idea if anyone else would ever look at this selection of colors and think that they are cohesive or would want to own the palette, but it is perfect for me. Using this palette all week honestly makes me want to declutter most of my collection. I know that sounds rash—and it is—but in finding a palette that I love so much, I see just how big my collection is. I would love to use this palette daily, but that's not super realistic when I have so many other shadows that I also love. That's why this is a good project for me, so I can really see what palettes I love and what palettes I only love for certain looks. 

And again, I didn't have any urge to buy any of the new palette releases while using this palette. If anything, I felt bad that this exact palette wasn't on the market for everyone to buy because I loved it that much. In my opinion, this palette is prettier and of much higher quality than the majority of holiday palette releases, and it's in seeing something like this and realizing how much I love it that I see why I don't need to buy anything more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment