Sunday, December 10, 2017

Weekend Looks: MAC and Urban Decay


I mentioned this in yesterday's post, but it was snowing outside, and it put me in quite a funk. I'm not a fan of the winter, or of snow, and I'm especially not a fan of gray skies, so it ended up being a challenging day for me.

But today is very different. The sun is out, and there is not a cloud in the sky. It's still a little cold, but I'll take cold and sun over gray any day. And it's not surprising that I reached for one of my brightest and most colorful palettes today.

Here are two looks I did this weekend.

Look 1: MAC Rose pigment and Desert Dusk







MAC Rose pigment on the lid (applied wet with Fix+), Inglot peach and purple shades blended in the crease as transition shades, Lime Crime Venus Rebirth blended in the crease, and Colourpop 143 and Ardency Inn Violet lightly padded onto the outer corner. Ardency Inn Violet on the lower lash line.

Look 2: Urban Decay Electric 





Freak on the inner half of the lid, Chaos on the outer half of the lid, Savage blended into the crease as a transition shade, and Urban blended into the crease. Thrash on the inner corner. 


Look 1: MAC Rose pigment and Desert Dusk

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I'm sure everyone is going to get sick of this kind of a look because I seem to create it multiple times a week. But I just can't care. I love it so much. MAC Rose is new to me, and I adore it. I had been in search of it for months, and it was finally back in stock so I grabbed it. It is my absolute favorite kind of color. I have a few shades in my collection that are similar, but nothing quite like this, and I couldn't be happier with it. I paired it with shades from my "Desert Dusk" palette as well as a vibrant purple from Ardency Inn. I really love how this turned out, and it was a bright spot in the snowy, awful day.

Look 2: Urban Decay Electric 

It disappoints me that this palette has been discontinued and that another one has not come out to replace it. I have been vocal on my blog that I really hate Urban Decay shadows in palettes, with this as the one exception. The reason for this is likely that the Electric palette is a pressed pigment palette instead of an eyeshadow palette. This palette terrified me for years, and I honestly could not even comprehend why someone would own it. I was a neutral girl to my core, and I had never looked at colorful eye looks as something that could be worn in everyday life. I was first starting to fall for color when I heard that Electric was being discontinued, and I made the decision to purchase it while I still could. At this point, I have many colorful palettes (including Sephora Pro Editorial and Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix), but there is still a place in my collection for Electric. The colors blend together so seamlessly and pack such a punch of pigment. It's a shame this palette is no longer available, but hopefully Urban Decay will put out something similar in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. I discovered you from the entry you made on the palette "Ride or die" by Violet Voss and since then I have not stopped reading all the posts you have published.I'm super fan of you and your blog and you inspired me a lot when I had doubts about if I should buy any palette or question me if it really is necessary to acquire anything that catches your attention.
    Definitely,you have enlarged my criteria
    ¡Muchas gracias! Kisses from Spain ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a nice comment! It really means a lot to me when readers reach out saying that I have helped in any way, so I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete