Sunday, February 5, 2017

Weekend Looks: Viseart Bohême Dream and Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts



I had an idea for a new series, though I'm not sure if it's something I'll like or if I'll want to evolve it over time. The idea came because I'm taking a break from the one week, one palette project, and I really miss being able to wear fun, colorful looks for the majority of the week. As I've mentioned previously, I started a new job about six weeks ago, and it's in a conservative office setting. I have gradually been wearing more intense looks to work (and by intense, I mean more than a light wash of sheer color), but I still don't feel comfortable wearing the types of looks I've grown to love. 

And with that in mind, I thought it might be fun to have a series called "Weekend Looks," where I show the "fun" looks I decided to do with the two days I have each week to be creative. 

The weekend, I went for two palettes that are relatively new to my collection and ones that I haven't been able to use much due to the one week, one palette project and constraints at work. I went with Viseart Bohême Dream:


Top, from left: 1, 2, 3, and 4
Middle: 5, 6, 7, and 8
Bottom, 9, 10, 11, and 12

And Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts:


Top, from left: Crown, Royal Highness, Your Majesty, Princess, Empress, and Queen Mother
Bottom: Heir, Royal Prerogative, Noblewoman, Ladyship, Duchess, and Dethrone

I also incorporated my Pur Soul Mattes palette:


From left: Sweetheart, Companion, Adore, Better Half, Alter Ego, Sidekick, BFF, and Confidant



Look 1, Viseart Bohême Dream:




1 on the lid, Pur Better Half blended into the crease, 11 padded onto the outer corner, Make Up For Ever Pearl on the inner corner, and Pur Sweetheart on the brow bone. 11 on the lower lash line.

Look 2, Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts:




Royal Highness on the lid, Princess and Ladyship blended into the crease, Queen Mother padded onto the outer corner, Crown on the inner corner, and Pur Sweetheart on the brow bone. Queen Mother on the lower lash line.

I have not used every shadow in each of the palettes yet, so I don't feel totally comfortable providing a review of sorts, but thus far, Bohême Dream performed the same, if not better, than all my other Viseart shimmer palettes, and Queen of Hearts is an absolute dream to use. 

Ladyship is my favorite shadow in Queen of Hearts, and that is consistently labeled as the "bad" shadow in this palette by most reviewers. But, honestly, I haven't noticed any issues with it blending into the crease or padded onto the outer corner. I don't typically subscribe to the idea that some people get "bad batches" of product if they don't like something that everyone else does, so I don't think that I happened to get a great palette while everyone else got a bad one, but I don't have any complaints on the shadow. 

I was tempted to use Bohême Dream again today and do an all blue or blue and pink look, but I really wanted to use Queen of Hearts. I would really love to use each of these palettes for a one week, one palette, but I don't think it's realistic that I could wear either to work right now. 

But, I have to say, even though I wish I could use these palettes for longer, it's really fun to be able to reach for any shadow I want and pull several shades from various palettes. One week, one palette certainly reminded me of how much fun makeup is and how creative it can be, and right now, I feel free to use my entire collection. Even though the looks I did this weekend certainly aren't anything crazy or exceptionally creative, they were so much fun to put together, and I felt inspired by them both. 

1 comment: