Monday, June 20, 2016

What I'm Not Buying: Lorac Pro 3 Palette



Photo: Temptalia


The Lorac Pro palettes have always intrigued me. When the first Pro launched, I wanted it desperately, but could not find it in store anywhere. I called store after store, and after a few months, I finally gave up and moved on to other things. 

The Lorac Pro 2 came out, but almost all reviews claimed that it was a cool-toned palette (it's not), so I chose not to buy for a while. I recently purchased the Pro 2, however, and really love the quality. The shadows are soft and blend well, much like the ABH Modern Renaissance. 

When I saw the first images for the Pro 3, I was immediately intrigued, but wondered if it would have the same problems as the Mega Pro 2. That palette, to me, had way too many light shades that I feared would look exactly the same when applied to the lid. Though there were some interesting shades in the Mega Pro 2, the redundant light shades kept me from purchasing.

I saw swatches of the Pro 3, and I have to say that I'm not impressed. Several of the colors look like they have minimal differences, and this is especially not a versatile palette for darker skin tones, which is highly disappointing. If you don't have a very large eyeshadow collection, like really light neutral colors, and aren't looking for a ton of variety, this might be worth looking into IF the quality was the same as the other Pro palettes.



The appeal of this palette seems to be the rosy shades, but I have plenty of those shades that I already enjoy. There's L'Oreal Amber Rush, Makeup Geek Grandstand, Rose from Lorac Pro 2, several shades from the Morphe 35T, and the Lorac Unzipped. 

With all of those colors in my collection, there is no need for this palette. Added to that, several reviews I've read/seen recently have commented that the texture of the Pro 3 shades does not seem to be the same as the other Pro palettes. This is something that seems to be happening often in the cosmetics industry, and it is really disappointing. It also feels deceptive, whether intentional or not, to lure customers in with an outstanding formula and then use the trusted name with a lesser formula for the same price. 

It's exciting that brands like Anastasia Beverley Hills have improved their shadow formula, so it's especially disappointing to see brands decline in quality. With all things considered, I won't be purchasing the Pro 3. 

1 comment:

  1. I passed up on this pallette too. Honestly I bought the Lorac 1 and 2 and I'm not all that impressed. The quality is great but the colours don't seem to stand out against my darker skin tone. I can get them to work well in the dead of winter but in the summer? Nope. If I could go back in time I would've passed on them.

    ReplyDelete