Sunday, August 19, 2018

Weekly Looks

As I mentioned in my last post, I have even more recent looks, so for those who missed these posts, I hope you enjoy the onslaught of them. My last post was a collection of looks I had done recently while trying to rediscover my collection. And these looks are ones that I wore last week, while, again, attempting to rediscover my collection.

Here are those looks:

Look 1: Yellow gold and matte purple




Lid: Shimmery yellow gold
Transition: Matte cool brown
Crease: Matte purple
Brow bone: Matte cream
Inner corner: Shimmery white
Lower lash line: Matte purple

I've done this look before, but with different shadows, and the look came out basically the same. I like the look, but I think it can be easily recreated with a multitude of shadows. 

Look 2: Fyrinnae It Beautifies! 





Base: Pixie Epoxy
Lid: It Beautifies! 
Transition: Viseart warm brown matte
Crease: Inglot warm brown matte
Brow bone: Viseart matte white
Inner Corner: Make Up For Ever Pearl
Lower lash line: Inglot warm brown matte

Fyrinnae It Beautifies! is hands-down one of my favorite eyeshadows that I own. It is so perfect and simple and beautiful, and the way it shines when the light hits it is truly special. This is one of my top recommendations for a Fyrinnae shadow.

Look 3: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture





Lid: Electric (applied wet)
Transition: Dawn
Crease: Destiny
Outer corner: Untamed
Brow bone: Wet N Wild Brulee

Right before I left New York, I was gifted this palette, which made me laugh a bit since there was so much drama surrounding it. I've used it a handful of times since, and I do like the color scheme, but as others have noted, it is hard to work with. I liked this look and thought it was pretty, but I think I can create better looks with other items in my collection (see immediately below). 

Look 4: Fyrinnae Abandoned Hotel and Viseart Dark Matte






Base: Pixie Epoxy
Lid: Abandoned Hotel
Crease: Viseart 7
Defined crease: Viseart 12

Doing the Subculture look made me want to do more green looks, so I turned to one of my favorite green shadows, Fyrinnae Abandoned Hotel. I then paired it with my workhorse palette, Viseart Dark Matte, and I think the look came out beautifully. When compared to the look from ABH, I think this one is much more vibrant and beautiful. It was also easier to apply. 

Look 5: Pat McGrath Labs Mothership Subliminal Platinum Bronze 





Lid: Smoke and Mirrors
Crease: MAC Quarry
Outer corner: Telepathic Taupe 
Brow bone: Wet N Wild Brulee
Lower lash line: Smoke and Mirrors

I raved about the Pat McGrath Mothership IV palette in my last post, but I don't think I like this one very much. This look came out so dull, and I feel like I could have easily created it with other colors in my collection. I felt so bad about it, in fact, that I used the palette the next day to see if maybe I would like it more...

Look 6: Pat McGrath Labs Mothership Subliminal Platinum Bronze 




Lid: Platinize
Crease: Milani Sweet as Honey
Inner corner: Sextrovert
Brow bone: Can't Pink Straight
Lower lash line: Platinize

... and I don't. Of course, this is a lovely bronze/gold shadow, but it's not any nicer than what I already own. I might try to use the other shadows in the palette that I haven't used yet, but based on swatches, they don't look promising. This might be a palette that I declutter in my upcoming purge. 

Favorite look: Fyrinnae Abandoned Hotel and Viseart Dark Matte

This was definitely my favorite look this week because the colors blended well and really stood out. It felt like a strong eye look, but also one that wasn't too loud. I also enjoyed the color combination as I've been gravitating toward olive, mustard, and orange tones. 

Least favorite look: Pat McGrath Labs Mothership Subliminal Platinum Bronze – Smoke and Mirrors

I hate to say that a product from Pat McGrath was my least favorite of the week (especially in a category that includes ABH Subculture), but it's true. I just really did not like this look at all, and I was really disappointed with the lid shade. It was pretty, but just not special like I have come to expect from Pat McGrath. 

Instagram: @antihaulblog

1 comment:

  1. I love your combos and that you use Fyrinnay shadows. They used a blogger favourite and have some of the most unique shadow colours, but I don't see them around as much any more. We need to bring them back!

    ReplyDelete