Saturday, August 18, 2018

Recent Looks: Rediscovering My Collection

It's been a long time since I've posted any recent looks, but since I've had access to my makeup collection for the first time in months, I'm finally getting back into the swing of things of taking daily pictures of my makeup looks.

But before I get into my (many) recent looks, I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for the incredible support that I received on my last blog post where I discussed my former makeup addiction in relation to depression. I received an outpouring of messages thanking for me sharing my story, and someone even linked me to a Reddit thread about it (which was incredibly humbling). I'm just really happy that my story has been something positive for so many people, and I'm grateful for the community that we have formed here.

So, here are some recent looks.

Look 1: BH Cosmetics Zodiac





Lid: Aquarius shimmer
Crease: Aquarius matte
Outer corner: Pisces matte
Brow bone: Center highlight
Inner corner: Center highlight

I'm still really enjoying this palette, and I personally think it's one of the best BH Cosmetics palettes available. I enjoyed the color combination of this particular look, but it would also be really easy to achieve this look with other palettes or singles available. 

Look 2: Jaclyn Hill x Morphe





Lid: Meeks
Transition: Silk Creme and M.F.E.O
Crease: Pooter
Brow bone: Enlight 

If you're new here, this palette was given to me as a gift. I think it's a fine palette, but nothing incredible or worth all of the hype. It's got a ton of repeat shades, and I wish there were more pink matte shades instead of so many browns. The look I created is pretty basic and something I could get out of most palettes. 

Look 3: Tom Ford Nude Dip





Lid: Tom Ford Nude Dip 3
Transition: Viseart cool brown
Crease: ABH Moments 
Brow bone: Wet N Wild Brulee

I had to get my picture taken for work this day, and this was the look I chose for it. I love this quad. I think the shadows have something a little extra special about them in terms of shine, and I always love the end result. I don't think it's anywhere near worth the money, however. 

Look 4: Duped Desert Dusk and Duped Peachy Mattes






Lid: Viseart shimmery fuchsia 
Transition: Colourpop The News
Crease: Colourpop Making Moves
Outer Corner: Colourpop 143
Brow bone: Zoeva Bitter Start
Inner corner: Coloured Raine Crown

This is a look I have done a lot, and it's always going to be a favorite of mine. I have loved these two palettes for about a year now (maybe more), and I still love them. And I can guarantee I would not still be loving the originals from Too Faced or Huda Beauty. I would have gotten bored with them or only liked a few shades, which is why I love my custom ones so much. 

Look 5: Duped Desert Dusk and Duped Peachy Matte




Lid: Ardency Inn Orchid
Transition: Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie
Crease: Colourpop Cannonball
Brow bone: Zoeva Bitter Start
Inner Corner: Too Faced Satin Sheets

See what I mean? I really love this general color combination. This look is slightly different in that I went for an orange crease instead of a peach/pink, but it's pretty similar. 

Look 6: Sephora Editorial Pro





Lid: Myiesha
Crease: Eliza D
Brow bone: Porcelain

This is another favorite look that I've done before, and I loved it again. I've always felt torn with this palette in that I love half of it and hate the other half. I don't think I can depot it without breaking the shadows, but if I could, that's what I would do. 

Look 7: Laura Mercier African Violet and Melt Rust Stack




Lid: LM African Violet
Transition: Melt Antique
Crease: Melt Rubbish
Brow bone: Melt Classic

This was a look that weirdly popped into my head as I went to sleep the night before I wore it. African Violet was the only shadow I wore for months as I interviewed for various jobs, and I'll probably hit the pan shortly. I've always paired it with cooler purple mattes, and I just wanted to see what it would look like paired with mustard. And I loved the end result! 

Look 8: Silver and berry




Lid: Shimmery silver
Crease: Shimmery berry
Brow bone: Matte white

In one of my last posts, I discussed that I am no longer supporting Kat Von D Beauty due to the dangerous, ignorant, and false propaganda she has spread about vaccinations. As such, I will no longer show or actively promote any of the products from her brand that I already own, and I am still undecided on what I will do with those products—use them since I already bought them, or get rid of them. For now, I am continuing to use and assess how I feel. (Also, I WILL continue to write anti-haul posts on her future releases.)

For this look, I used a shimmery taupe/silver and paired it with a shimmery berry, and I love how it turned out. This is a look that I've done before, and it always makes me feel glamorous. There are many comparable shadows available that can make the same look. 

Look 9: Colourpop Glass Bull




Lid: Glass Bull

I've written an entire post on the best way that I've personally found to wear Glass Bull, which is to use it like an eye gloss. Glass Bull started as a shadow I didn't understand and hated, and it has turned into one of my absolute favorites. It makes such an easy, pretty eye look. 

Look 10: Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions 





Lid: 9
Transition: 8
Crease: 2
Above transition: 7
Brow bone: Wet N Wild Brulee
Inner corner: Urban Decay Roadstripe
Lower lash line: 9 and 2

The next two palettes are ones that I received as gifts several months ago. This is the first palette from Huda Beauty that I've tried, and I like it just fine. I love the color I used on my lid, which is the bottom right shade, but other than that, I already have this palette within the Colourpop Yes, Please! palette. 

Look 10: Pat McGrath Labs Mothership IV and Bobbi Brown Camel





Lid: Pat McGrath Labs Lapis Luxury
Transition: Bareminerals Velet Pecan
Crease: Bobbi Brown Camel
Brow bone: Wet N Wild Brulee
Inner corner: Illamasqua Cascade

And then there's the other new palette, which is from Pat McGrath. I now own two Pat McGrath palettes, and the other is one of the smaller palettes. (When everyone knows you've been "obsessed" with makeup/using it as a coping mechanism for years, they tend to only give you makeup for holidays and special occasions.) To be honest, I haven't tried every shade in this palette, but I have to say that everything about this palette feels much more luxurious than any makeup item I've ever owned. The packaging makes brands like Tom Ford look cheap, not to mention the likes of Natasha Denona. I liked this palette so much that I went to look at the other Motherships palettes in person, but I've got to say, they just don't seem to be as nice as this one. The smaller one I have is also not as nice as this one. 

I absolutely loved this look and this teal shade, but it did transfer into my crease by the end of the day.   

Look 11: Pat McGrath Labs Mothership IV and Duped Peachy Mattes




Lid: Pat McGrath Inferno
Transition: Colourpop The News
Crease: Colourpop Making Moves
Brow bone: Zoeva Bitter Start

I did a post a while back on the most unique single eyeshadows in my collection. Pat McGrath Inferno is clearly in a palette, but this is probably the most beautiful eyeshadow I have ever seen. The pictures don't do it justice. It's like a copper, but also a peach, and also a taupe. It's simply gorgeous. 

Look 12: Cool Mattes





Lid: Juvia's Place Zola
Transition: pink matte
Crease: Colourpop Silver Lining
Brow bone: Wet N Wild Brulee
Lower lash line: Makeup Geek Caitlin Rose 

This is another of my custom palettes, but it no longer looks like this. I have taken out some of the shadows in the bottom row and replaced them with some singles from an indie brand. I'll have to take an updated photo soon. This is a look I've done before and one that I really love. 

Look 13: Cool Mattes




Lid: MAC Satin Taupe
Transition: Viseart cool brown
Crease: ABH Moments
Brow bone: Wet N Wild Brulee

This is probably my lease favorite look of the bunch. I used to really love MAC Satin Taupe, but it just feels really dull (not shiny) compared to other taupes in my collection. 

Look 14: MAC Rosé 





Lid: MAC Rosé pigment
Transition: Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie
Crease: Colourpop Cannonball
Outer corner: Colourpop 143
Brow bone: Zoeva Bitter Start

I love this pigment, and I love this look. I've done it before, and it's a look that I will continue to do because I love it so much. 

Look 15: Reimagined ABH Modern Renaissance





Lid: ABH Macaroon
Transition: Makeup Geek Cupcake
Crease: Natasha Denona Nina's Orchid
Brow bone: Viseart white
Inner corner: Makeup Geek Phantom 

This is also a look that I really love. My reimagined Modern Renaissance palette is also one of my favorites, and I particularly love this color combination. 

As a sign off, I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who reached out or who read my last post. I also want to say thank you to those of you who have asked for my weekly looks posts to return. I'll have to gradually get back into the swing of things with blogging, but I really appreciate everyone who has been supportive of the break I needed to take. 

I'll have more looks soon!

Instagram: @antihaulblog

No comments:

Post a Comment