Sunday, July 23, 2017

This Week's Looks: Colourpop, MAC, Dior, and Fyrinnae


This was a ridiculously hard work week for me, which is why I have been silent all week. Good news is I finally hit a major deadline I've been working toward for six months. I stayed at work very late almost every day, and as a result, I was exhausted and didn't really want to think that much about my makeup. That may explain why I gravitated toward certain colors. There were some old favorites and new things I used this week, and mainly, I was just happy to get through. 

Here are five looks I did this week. 

Look 1: Colourpop Rosé All Day





Rosé All Day on the lid and Zoeva Substitute for Love blended into the crease. 

Look 2: Fyrinnae It Beautifies! 





Fyrinnae It Beautifies! on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy) and Zoeva Substitute for Love blended into the crease.

Look 3: MAC Cranberry





MAC Cranberry on the lid and Costal Scents Fine Wine blended into the crease. 

Look 4: Dior Cosmopolite and Coloured Raine Moments 





Cosmopolite on the lid and Moments blended into the crease. 

Look 5: MAC Coppering and Sephora Pro Editorial 






MAC Coppering on the lid and Sephora Pro Editorial Amy and Eliza D blended into the crease. 


Colourpop Rosé All Day
Status: Keep

This is a newer shadow to my collection, and this was my first time wearing it. I thought it was pretty, and I liked it, but it is no where near as pretty as Fyrinnae Aztec Gold, which is the most similar shadow I have in my collection. Rosé All Day still has a place in my collection, and I like that it is almost gold, but not quite, and almost green, but not quite. I was boring and paired it with a warm brown shadow, but I would love to see this shadow (on a non-work day) paired with some of the colors in my Viseart Dark Matte palette. 

Fyrinnae It Beautifies! 
Status: Favorite

I've talked about this shadow a few times before, so I will spare you having to read about it again. Basically, I absolutely love this shadow. It 100 percent requires Pixie Epoxy under it, but it is such a gorgeous, shiny color. One of my absolute favorites. 

MAC Cranberry
Status: Favorite 

In case you were wondering why my face/eye was tinted pink in these photos, it's because I have a table full of plants and I forgot to turn my (purple) plant lights off before I took the photo. But I like that it was a berry look, so in a way the lights kind of flatter it. Cranberry has been a long-time favorite for me. Over the years, I have decluttered the majority of my MAC collection, but I still have a few singles left, and Cranberry was one that made the cut. I paired it with Costal Scents Fine Wine, which is a shadow I have really grown to love, and I think the look came out really pretty considering how easy and low effort it was. 

Dior Cosmopolite
Status: Favorite 

This is another shadow that I have written about many times before, so I will again be brief. It is also one of my all-time favorite singles. It is one of the shiniest singles I own that doesn't require any special base. It is just that good on its own. I paired it with Coloured Rain Moments, and I like how the look came out. Moments is one of those shadows that can lean brown or cranberry depending on what it is paired with, and I was surprised to see how much it pulled cranberry when paired with Cosmopolite. I've typically only worn warm browns with Cosmopolite, so this was a nice change for me, and I really enjoyed it!

MAC Coppering
Status: Favorite 

So I'll get Coppering out of the way by saying that it is also one of my favorite shadows, and clearly one of the few shadows from MAC that has stuck around. I would like to instead talk more about the Sephora Pro Editorial palette. Last week, I was really digging this palette, but I had really only used the most "wearable" shadows in it. I wore this look on Friday, the day after I hit the major deadline at work. I did not care what anyone thought about my eyeshadow. I was celebrating, and I wanted to do so with some bright eyeshadow. I never intended on using Coppering. I wanted to use Karoline, which is the fourth shadow on the bottom row of the Editorial palette. It looked like a chunky glitter shadow, so I was curious to see how it wore. It was AWFUL. I tried it with two different brushes (one synthetic and one natural hair), and it looked terrible with both. So then I applied it with my finger, and it still looked terrible. There was fallout everywhere. I didn't want to have to wash off all of my makeup and start over (and be late for work), so I slapped Coppering on top of the Karoline mess and finished my look. To be completely honest, seeing how bad that shade performed (and knowing there are five or so of those kind of shadows in the palette), made me want to return it. And I am honestly still on the fence about if I want to or not. I really love the mattes I have used and love how vibrant they are. The shimmers that aren't the chunky glitters are great as well. But still. Oh, and another one of the chunky glitters (the silver in the top right corner) just totally broke out of the pan. I was able to press it back in, but it just fell out for no reason. So, yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about this palette. 

But, Coppering was fantastic and really pulled this look together (and saved it), which is one of the many reasons it's a favorite in my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment