Sunday, October 16, 2016

One Week, One Palette: Viseart Sultry Muse, Paris Nudes, Neutral Matte, and Dark Matte


So, this one might seem like cheating. This palette is a combination of my favorite shadows from the Viseart Neutral Matte, Sultry Muse, and Paris Nudes palettes. There are about five shades total between all three palettes that I did not include here. 

The reason I depotted these shadows is simply because I wasn't using these (incredibly expensive) palettes as much as I wanted to. The plastic was also breaking at the hinge on the original packaging, and I found myself timid to use them for fear of them breaking further. 

I decided to pull the trigger and try my first-ever depotting session—with easily the most expensive eyeshadows in my collection. There was a lot of trial and error (a lot of error), but I was able to remove all the shadows and repress the ones that broke in the process. 

Since depotting, I have gotten so much use out of these shadows and have felt often that if I had to, I could get rid of all my other eyeshadow and just keep this palette. So, I was excited by the thought of using it for an entire week. 

My Viseart shadows are housed in an Inglot Flexi palette:


Personally, I don't like the look of Z-Palettes, and was happy to find this empty palette from Inglot. The palette is magnetized, so there was no need for magnet sheets. 

As I mentioned in my first "one week, one palette" post, I've given myself the space to pull other shadows in as necessary. Since this was my Viseart palette, I decided to also use my Viseart Dark Matte palette:


This was my only Viseart palette that I did not depot. This really is a companion palette for me to use with a variety of shadows, so I felt it was more useful to keep it as a separate entity from the other shadows. 

Since the shadows don't have names (and I unfortunately do not remember which shades were from Paris Nudes or Sultry Muse), I will identify them by row and column. 

Below are six looks I did last week. Please note: I am still trying to figure out my camera and lighting. The pictures will improve. 

Please also note: I used Make Up For Ever Pearl on the inner corner and the white shadow (row 1, column 1) on my brow bone every day. 

Look 1:



Row 1, column 4 on the lid; row 2, columns 2 and 3 blended into the crease; row 3, column 3 lightly blended in the outer corner and into the crease.

Look 2:



Row 4, column 6 on the lid; row 2, column 3 blended into the crease; row 3, column 2 lightly blended in the outer corner and into the crease. 

Look 3:



Row 5, column 4 on the lid; Dark Mattes row 2, column 1 blended into the crease; Dark Mattes row 2, column 2 lightly blended in the outer corner and into the crease. 

Look 4:



Row 4, column 3 on the lid; Dark Matte row 2, column 3 blended into the crease; Dark Matte row 2, column 4 lightly blended in the outer and into the crease.  Row 4, column 3 on the lower lash line. 

Look 5:



Row 3, column 6 on the lid; Row 3, column 3 and row 3, column 1 blended into the crease; row 5, column 6 lightly blended in the outer corner and into the crease.

Look 6:



Dark Mattes row 1, column 3 and row 2, column 1 on the inner and outer lid; row 2, column 3 and row 3, column 2 blended into the crease; row 1, column 3 in the center of the lid. 

Using my Viseart palette this week was an interesting experience. I enjoyed using it, but not nearly as much as my custom palette with MAC, Makeup Geek, Make Up For Ever, and Morphe shadows that I used last week. And that really surprised me. 

I absolutely didn't dislike using this palette, but most of the looks felt a little subdued. I also noticed on day two that even though I used completely different eyeshadows, the look was nearly identical to the day before. I was happy with the way my eyeshadow turned out, but wanted to make looks that were different each day. 

I enjoyed the purple and orange looks, but was a little disappointed to see how little dimension they each had considering I included several different shadows with different tones. They looked almost as if I applied one color to my lid and extended it into the crease. 

Finally, I really like the look I did on the last day, but unfortunately, it didn't photograph well at all. The flash made me look like I had a black eye, which wasn't at all what it looked like in person. 

I certainly enjoyed playing with this palette, but I have to admit I'm glad the week is over and I can move on to something new. I didn't feel that way about the custom palette last week. I didn't want to stop using it. Had I not been taking pictures and wanting to create entirely new looks each day, I imagine I would have enjoyed playing with the palette even more. But, considering how many shadows are in this, there isn't a ton of diversity to the palette. I especially found myself missing my mauve and rose gold tones. 

The quality, of course, was astounding as Viseart has one of my favorite formulas. I did find that the Dark Matte shadows were a little harder to work with than the other ones, however, and found my look to be sometimes muddy. 

Overall, I had fun using this palette and liked challenging myself to create new looks, use colors that didn't typically get a lot of use from me, and try things that I hadn't before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment